Thursday 15 May 2014

Happy Band Anniversary....


HAPPY BAND ANNIVERSARY!!!!  Yep its my 1yr band anniversary tomorrow...... wow what a year... and how quick that time has gone...!  Am I glad I had the band - hell yes!!, any regrets - none!! 
Today's weighin:  76.4kg (11stone 13lb) that's a yearly loss of:  24kg (3 stone 8lb)

just another 1.5kg (3lb) to get me to my amended goal, which if you remember the Dr changed a few months ago as she felt my original goal may be too low; or another 7kg (15lb) to get to me original goal.  I am soooo pleased with that, there is no way I would have lost anymore than 8kg without the band and then it would have all returned within a couple of months of loosing.   I am proud to say that I weigh 76.4kg and am probably the lightest weight I've been since my teens.

What's changed:  I really enjoy exercising now, I am not a gym fan and never will be, but I do so love zumba and try and go at least 3 times a week, I enjoy netball once a week (never thought I'd ever play a team sport again....), and have recently started going XtendBarre classes for toning.  If I don't exercise I feel sluggish and meh, its part of my weekly routine now.
One of the best parts has been revamping my wardrobe, passing on my size 22 clothes and restocking my wardrobe with size 14 and 16 - whoop!!  Buying a mini skirt to wear with opaque tights....and seeing my daughter roll her eyes lol, tight fitting jeans, clothes that I like and can choose to buy other than buying those that I don't particularly like but fit!  Wearing boots that do up around my calves, to go out and feel sassy is a great feeling.
The band is definitely a tool and not a fix, but if you work it well it does what it is supposed to do!  Up until my last fill, I could still eat any foods (albeit smaller portions) including bread, pasta etc, infact there was nothing that I couldn't eat - more recently I have to be a little more careful.  My social life hasn't changed I still drink wine (infact the band has made no difference to how much I can drink and my levels of getting drunk), I still go out to eat and will eat any cuisine, although I only order an entrĂ©e which is plenty..... so the band hasn't stopped me doing anything socially.
I LOVE my band!

 

1 comment: