Thursday 30 May 2013

2 weeks post-op and Friday weigh-in....

Well you will remember that one word summed up my day yesterday, well my BFF kindly text me from the UK to put it all in perspective, I quote:

"You are not starving, kids in Africa are starving, you are hungry, hungry is good because it means you are burning fat!"

OK then, I was remarkably, extremely, exceptionally hungry yesterday lol!  Ah I do miss my buddy - mwah!


Well its 2 weeks since surgery day, and have spent the last week on the liquid diet and have managed to loose a staggering............ 0.2kg/200g, wow, whoppee.... I know, I know how disappointing!!!!

I don't get it, Ive done nothing different this week to last week on liquids and managed to loose 3.2kg last week, only difference being TOM arrived or perhaps too few calories is not good for my weightloss.  A typical day's diet looked like this:

Breakfast:  1 x optifast
Lunch:    1/2 cup of soup
Mid-afternoon:  coffee made with skimmed milk
Dinner:   1/2 cup of soup
Evening:  coffee made with skimmed milk
(plus water, flavoured tea, ice pole)

The surgeon did say that the 4 weeks post op is all about recovery and not about loosing weight..... but thats like saying the Pope isn't Catholic to someone who's just had WLS!

Anyway, this brings me to the start of week 3 and I'm allowed mushies.... yeah, whoop, whoop!!  Basically means anything sloppy or baby food texture.... will make a great change from liquid, but apparently can bring on weight gain!  Remember, that its all about willpower right now as I have no fill in my band, I am looking forward to eating normally again with some fill in my band!

On a completely different note, I found out that some people back home are reading my blog - "Welcome Katie and Mandy - love you guys!" but what I didn't realise is that you have to have a google account to make comments.... guess you'll have to set one up girls!  Also, can any of the experienced bloggers tell me how to add the followers icon?

Here's a picture of what the band looks like:

Well, its bank holiday weekend for us here in Perth, the sky is blue and the sun is shining, but its bloody freezing its about 15degrees!

I have a girlie night out this evening which I am looking forward too, Motown night, so shall have to dig out my dancing shoes.  I think I might drive, as not having much food and think anything more than  2 glasses of wine at this stage will make me fall down drunk!

Enjoy your weekend everyone..x

No comments:

Post a Comment