Tuesday 4 June 2013

A slow start... couch to 5k..


... a little late posting this one:   I decided to start my Couch-5k running program on Friday morning, I think I mentioned previously that we had bought a treadmill.  It didn't start well as my phone broke (water damage, but is fixed now) so I couldn't use the stop-clock app, and my ipod had no charge, so no tunes to jog along too....  Anyway, this was not going to stop me so I started with a brisk walk on the treadmill to warm up.  Now I haven't used this particular machine before, but it didn't feel right, every now and then it seemed to jolt or slip... it kinda threw me of balance..... so decided to stop before I caused myself some damage!  Hubbie will be pleased to know that its another job I've added to his weekend todo list, might need some WD40 or something!

This however worked in Chester's favour as I took him out for a power walk instead, we ended up at the park and as no-one else was there, I thought I'd try jogging round..... I could feel my body jigging around and felt uncomfortable/pressure on my wound sites, so figure I'll leave running for another week.  (On a side note I read somewhere that fat people should wear the swimming costume under their running clothes to help prevent the jigging around...... good idea - I'll let you know if it makes any difference)...x

No comments:

Post a Comment